Hi I'm Nathalie Kretzmann. I have a Master's Degree in Human Development/Child and Family, and I'm a MOM!
Rearing my three sons has been the greatest joy of my life. (Also the greatest challenge.) My 2nd love is working with other families and encouraging parents. Why? Because parenting is the most important job that any of us have, but most of us enter the profession with little or no training. (Sound familiar?)
I believe that every family can be a happy family. All parents love their children and want the best for them; but many parents lack the knowledge, skills and positive experiences from their own childhood that are necessary for excellent parenting.
Every parent can improve their parenting and their relationship with their children with a little education and support. That's where I come in. I have been working with families, children's mental health, children with disabilities, child care centers, Head Starts, schools...for 30 years. I have learned and developed simple techniques for improving the quality of family life.
Raising children should be fun!!
* B.S. and M.S. degrees in Human Development/Child and Family
* Previously Director of Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP), a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families through parenting classes.
* Child/Adolescent Counselor at Camas Professional Counseling in Idaho
* Certified Facilitator for The Parent Project: a Parenting Skills Program for Strong Willed or Out-of-Control Adolescents
* Co Author of 6 curriculum manuals in Professional Child Care: A Training Series for child care centers.
* 2002-2007 Member of Idaho Governor's Coordinating Council for Families and Children.
* Author of the Raising Happy Families curriculum which was recognized in Emerging Practices in the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect by Health and Human Services, Office on Child Abuse and Neglect (OCAN) in 2003
* Previously employed as Developmental Specialist, Sr. for Idaho's Developmental Disabilities Program
My family is my greatest blessing! They have brought me so much joy! Although I was raised in the Chicago suburbs, we have had the privilege of living in rural Idaho for over 20 years. It has been a wonderful, fun place to raise kids. Our kids spent a lot of time running around in the woods, building forts, floating rivers, hiking, camping, back packing, climbing mountains, etc. Great activities! Our sons are mostly grown now, and I actually miss stepping on stray Legos in the middle of the night! My husband, Peter, has a custom cabinet shop, and enjoys riding dirt bikes in his spare time. Our oldest son is a fighter pilot in the Air Force, and enjoys rock climbing on the weekends. Our middle son is a student and Resident Assistant (R.A.) at a Christian college, far away from us, in Tennessee. He rock climbs, back packs and plays piano in his spare time. Our youngest son is in his senior year of high school. He rock climbs, back packs, rides motorcycles, hangs out with friends, and is working on getting his pilot’s license.
My wish for you - that you will have as much fun with your family, as I have had with mine!